Job Title: National Account Manager – Alternate Channels
Reports to: Director of Sales – Alternate Channels
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Key Internal Partners: Marketing, Trade Marketing, Demand Planning, Logistics, Customer Service, Finance, and HR
Key External Partners: Customers, 3rd Party Broker Partners, and Industry Associations
Project Management: Yes
The National Account Manager Alternate Channels will partner with the Director of Sales to drive growth across a broad set of customers from BJ’s, E-Comm and Natrual. The National Account Sales Manager is primarily responsible for building quality relationships with their customers, brokers, and internal cross-functional teams to drive growth. The NAM will be responsible for identifying and developing strategic opportunities for Materne brands. They will ensure that plans align with the strategic direction and financial objectives of the company to attain market leadership and drive long term growth.
Successful candidates will have a background in managing complex negotiations, leading joint business planning in collaboration with retailers, and will have a background in club, e-commerce, or national account sales. They must have strong presentation skills and demonstrate an ability to balance the priorities of different channels and retailers in their work.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Expand existing and develop new retail customers
- Manage customer accounts, leveraging new and existing contacts and relationships.
- Utilize the full extent of company resources to obtain distribution and continued customer satisfaction.
- Conduct key customer presentations.
- Develop sales presentations and related materials in conjunction with marketing and present to distributors, brokers and retailers.
- Attend trade shows, distributor shows and retailer functions
- Monitor and provide timely reports of distribution, retail pricing, and competition
- Manage broker and distributor representatives where applicable
- Leverage brand sales and distribution in the U.S.
- Implement, manage and measure promotional strategy and spending w/Retailers, Distributors and Brokers
- Partner with cross-functional teams to include: marketing, purchasing, logistics and finance.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with internal team members.
- Manage and report competitive activity to include pricing, promotions and new products.
- Utilize syndicated data as available to help manage the business.
- Category Management
- Work to implement Category Management best practices with designated Brokers/Distributors/Retail accounts
- Utilize syndicated and internal data to build external sales, recommend SKU rationalization and identify trends
- Work with Sales Director/Marketing to develop specific planograms
- Financial and Administration
- Work with the Sales Director to achieve budgeted sales, profit and distribution objectives
- Support Sale Director in annual budget planning process
- Manage assigned financial budgets.
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
- Top line sales delivery
- Trade spend budget management
- Distribution and display goals
- New business development
- Existing business growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related area required
- MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful CPG sales experience.
- Food sales strongly preferred
- Broker sales leadership management and supervision.
- Multi-channel experience preferred
- Club (BJ’s Wholesale), e-commerce, natural, etc.
- A passionate sales professional with the ability to add value to the call, and ultimately, close the sale
- Operates with a high level of integrity and models excellence
- Proven analytical skills.
- Utilizes exceptional presentation skills
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and exhibits a high level of enthusiasm for the business and its growth
- Is a self-starter who can thrive without extensive supervision
- Have a proven track record of success in meeting goals, exceeding sales plans and landing and developing new retail clients.
- Possess a strong attention to detail, operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment and leverage maturity and business acumen to make decisions.
- Are a strong communicator – written and verbally – and build relationships quickly and easily.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
- Willing to Travel 30% +