Job Title: Supply Chain Supervisor
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 21
Key Internal Partners: Purchasing, Production, R&D, Quality
Key External Partners: Vans Warehouse, Traverse Cold Storage, Alta Equipment, Morrison
Project Management: Yes
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
The Supply Chain Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and supervising the supply chain staff that directly support material flows to and from the production facility. They manage and maintain the equipment fleet within the Supply Chain scope as well as working closely with the factory management team to support various projects/tasks as needed. Additionally, they oversee the management of the apple shipping and receiving activities and onsite storage.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Oversee staff and operations in the following areas: Yard, Warehouse, Production environment
- Oversee all Yard Activities (commodity flow, cleaning, inventory management, etc), plant support and VIF Ops teams.
- Develop and manage standards for inventory management and control
- Co-Lead weekly cycle counting practices
- Maintain relationships with factory operators, supervisors, and managers as it relates to Supply Chain Operations.
- Participate in annual full physical inventory activities
- Preform quarterly warehouse audits (external and internal as directed)
- Coordinate special projects within Supply Chain Scope as needed.
- Review and approve invoices as a backup for Supply Chain Manager.
- Manage/Maintain all equipment within the Supply Chain scope.
- Keep an accurate ledger of all equipment within Supply Chain Scope
- Monitor equipment usage vs contractual agreements and move equipment between locations as needed
- Preform monthly equipment audits
- Schedule maintenance as needed.
- Recommend additions/removal of equipment as needed
- Personnel Management
- Lead, Develop, and Mentor team members on all three shifts
- Issue disciplines
- Solicit for new hires
- Conduct interviews
- Determine and/or recommend best candidate
- Determine operator schedules
- Monitor department labor trends and recommend improvements
- Conduct Operations in a manner which promotes safety
- Enforce all safety policies and procedures with team
- Recommend safety improvement
- Report safety concerns immediately
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
Maintain a below average employee turnover within scope of supervision based on company standard
Manage an accurate equipment roster
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years’ experience in an equivalent position
- 5 years’ experience in a Supply Chain Environment
- 2+ years employee supervision experience.
- Independent, self-starter who can work without direct supervision
- Warehouse and inventory control management
- Computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, Outlook / email)
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work occasional additional hours to complete job duties
- ERP/MRP experience preferred
- Previous experience in Food Manufacturing is a plus
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able lift up to 40 lbs.
Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day sitting or on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions, including rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
Occasional travel is required (<10%)