Job Title: Maintenance / Pre- Process Supervisor (Third Shift)
Reports to: Maintenance / Pre- Process Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 8 to 10
Key Internal Partners: Operations, Technical Services
Key External Partners: Contractors.
Project Management: Yes
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Maintenance Technicians, and all maintenance related operations that take place on third shift, along with managing the apple dumping, sorting, and extracting operators & activities that take place in the pre-process areas. This includes about 8 to 10 direct hourly reports (Both maintenance and production).
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead maintenance troubleshooting activities on an off shift pertaining to automated food processing / packaging equipment.
- Deliver action plans and enforce standards defined by management.
- Enforce 5S principles and implement lean manufacturing principles.
- Maintain the operational condition of manufacturing equipment for a designated area within the manufacturing plant.
- Manage the work and performance of a team of maintenance technicians. Track and monitor progress in reducing repair time.
- Lead corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment. Use data and best practices to be able to anticipate and avoid a breakdown (Predictive Maintenance).
- Able to ensure very detailed intervention reports are generated in our CMMS system along with necessary corrective actions or follow ups from off shift activities.
- Assist, support and backup other maintenance supervisors as necessary.
- Ability to work with other shifts to proactively manage staffing for the shift each week, & coordinate start-up and shut down activities pertaining to both production and maintenance.
- Ability to become subject matter expert on machine manuals / drawings and have ability to locate parts in the store room and request appropriate parts not carried through our CMMS system while following proper purchasing procedure.
- Ability to manage & execute follow up corrective work on equipment at the end of a production week with minimal assistance.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Always prioritize consumer safety and product quality
- Maintenance workforce planning
- Seek to continually optimize spare parts management & have a solid understanding of how the maintenance budget works & proactively try to maintain it.
- Assume responsibility for plant-wide maintenance programs as assigned.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
- Preventative Maintenance weekly completion rate.
- Maintenance Budget management for labor and spare parts
- Work order management and completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a maintenance supervisor in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Food or pharmaceutical industry manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong background in troubleshooting automated production equipment.
- PLC experience is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to meet operational goals while also fostering a positive work environment.
- Ability to navigate difficult personnel challenges effectively.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee safety and food safety.
- Ability to understand technical processes and automated mechanical equipment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, training and coaching skills.
- Microsoft office proficiency (basic to intermediate excel knowledge)
- Experience managing maintenance activities through a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) such as SAP would be highly preferred.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able work in normal office conditions and in the manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time