As Bertocchi Machine Operator for Materne, North America located in Traverse City, MI you will be responsible for the operation of machinery on our high speed production and food processing lines.
· Operation of Bertocchi machine that feeds all lines of our manufacturing process
· Work with computer interface to monitor equipment
· Read schematics and diagrams to monitor machine activity (flow, machine status, temperature settings, level indication)
· Break down machinery with hand tools to clean and sanitize
· Receive / inspect materials and accept or reject based on Materne’s specifications
· Scan accepted materials into inventory system
· Detect equipment problems and troubleshoot
· Operate industrial carts, power hand carts, and hi-lo’s
· Inspect product as it moves through manufacturing process for quality
· Complete paperwork and document down time
· Must be able to stand for an entire shift (8-10 hours)
· Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
· Technical / Trade School preferred
· Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Previous experience working in the food industry is a plus
· Must be able to measure and understand tear weight.
· Strong attention to detail
· Mechanical aptitude
· Computer skills
· Basic Math skills
· Competency with weights and measures
Materne, North America offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Retirement & Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Materne, North America is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.