Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to: Operations Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 4
Key Internal Partners: Operations Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisors, Technical Services, Engineering
Key External Partners: Contractors
Project Management: Yes
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Maintenance Technicians, and all maintenance related operations in a specified area within the plant.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage your environment and team’s safety
- Monitor work areas to ensure compliance with safety protocols, including OSHA and safety requirements.
- Monitor work areas to ensure compliance with food safety and quality protocols.
- Enforce Materne North America policies, standards and procedures, ensuring fair and consistent application and employee accountability.
- Oversee maintenance related operations
- Communicate with management, co-workers, and direct reports to coordinate work activities and share information (this includes attending daily pass-downs and regularly scheduled meetings and completion of troubleshooting reports).
- Deliver action plans developed from fact and data-based root cause analysis and enforce standards defined by workshop managers.
- Enforce 5S principles, support continuous improvement initiatives, and implement lean manufacturing principles to ensure world class performance.
- Manage performance
- Manage the work and performance of a team of Maintenance Technicians, ensuring that equipment for a designated area within the manufacturing plant is in good operational condition at all times.
- Schedule preventative maintenance.
- Assign work orders.
- Ensure line repairs occur with high priority during production.
- Track and monitor progress in reducing repair time of manufacturing equipment.
- Oversee troubleshooting, corrective and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Use data, best practices, proven methodologies, and established PM system to be able to anticipate and avoid a breakdown (Predictive Maintenance).
- Manage and optimize use of spare parts for an assigned work area.
- Oversee training and qualification of new mechanics.
- Train employees on technical aspects as of the operator functions (ex: markers) as needed.
- Develop employee competencies and provide detailed and fact-based feedback.
- Cross-functional Projects
- Partner with operational group in assigned area to ensure organizational teamwork.
- Work with the operations supervisor to ensure workshop needs are met.
- Oversee other maintenance teams in the absence of that team’s supervisor.
- Partner with human resources in raising and resolving employee personnel issues.
- Lead and/or participate in investigations, perform root cause analysis and work with plant leadership to implement corrective action to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Drive continuous improvement
- Identify, justify and propose improvements to machines and maintenance processes which positively impacts safety, food safety, quality and operational efficiency.
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
OEE, Downtime, and Preventative Maintenance completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field preferred
- Combination of education and experience will be considered
- 3+ years of experience in maintenance within a manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Maintenance Supervisor preferred
- Food or pharmaceutical industry manufacturing experience is strongly preferred
- VFD & Gear Box experience required
- PLC experience is highly desired.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to ensure adequate visibility to employees on day shift, evening shift and the night shift.
- Experience with a form, fill and seal machine is highly preferred
- Ability to understand technical processes and automated mechanical equipment.
- Strong background in preventative maintenance and repair of industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate logic and reason to identify problems and offer solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet operational goals while also fostering a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee safety and food safety.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, training and coaching skills.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able work in normal office conditions and in the manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.