Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 5
Key Internal Partners: Operations Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisors, Technical Services, and Engineering
Key External Partners: Contractors
Materne North America (MNA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of MOM Group located in France, is a highly successful, fast-growing, and innovative company known for helping squeeZ goodness into the daily lives of kids across the US. In fact, you probably know us as GoGo squeeZ: http://www.gogosqueez.com/. We’ve been in operation for 7 years in the US and have reached over $200 million in sales.
GoGo squeeZ is a leader in healthy, all-natural, gluten free, 100% fruit snacks. Our applesauce pouches are packed with goodness and with their convenient packaging design can be enjoyed wherever kids go! In 2016, Materne North America launched our most significant innovation since the introduction of applesauce in a pouch. Now, US families can enjoy yogurt that is, “so cool, it doesn’t have to be cold,” or in other words, a scrumptious, natural yogurt snack with no preservatives and no fridge needed!
Our applesauce products are produced locally in the USA, and our dairy products are imported from France.
MNA has 500+ employees spread across New York City (US headquarters) and two production sites in Traverse City, MI and Nampa, ID. We are committed to offering our customers across the US, Canada, and Mexico high-quality, squeeZable, pouches that are fun to eat by leveraging our unique patented manufacturing technology.
The GoGo squeeZ pouches can be found in over 9,000 stores across the US including Fairway, Giant, Harris Teeter, Publix, Target, Walmart, and likely, your local grocery store.
We are committed to providing healthy snacking and nutrition education to parents and kids, so we are proud to support Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK), a nonprofit that works to create healthier schools nationwide.
Join the GoGo team, and help us drive our mission to make on-the-go snacking healthy and fun!
We are a team of passionate, values-driven professionals, and we would love to have you on board to help us achieve our shared dreams!
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of Maintenance Technicians, and all maintenance related operations in a specified area within the plant.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage your environment and team’s safety
- Monitor work areas to ensure compliance with safety protocols, including OSHA and safety requirements.
- Monitor work areas to ensure compliance with food safety and quality protocols.
- Enforce Materne North America policies, standards and procedures, ensuring fair and consistent application and employee accountability.
- Oversee maintenance related operations
- Communicate with management, co-workers, and direct reports to coordinate work activities and share information (this includes attending daily pass-downs and regularly scheduled meetings and completion of troubleshooting reports).
- Deliver action plans developed from fact and data-based root cause analysis and enforce standards defined by workshop managers.
- Enforce 5S principles, support continuous improvement initiatives, and implement lean manufacturing principles to ensure world class performance.
- Manage performance
- Manage the work and performance of a team of Maintenance Technicians, ensuring that equipment for a designated area within the manufacturing plant is in good operational condition at all times.
- Schedule preventative maintenance.
- Assign work orders.
- Ensure line repairs occur with high priority during production.
- Track and monitor progress in reducing repair time of manufacturing equipment.
- Oversee troubleshooting, corrective and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Use data, best practices, proven methodologies, and established PM system to be able to anticipate and avoid a breakdown (Predictive Maintenance).
- Manage and optimize use of spare parts for an assigned work area.
- Oversee training and qualification of new mechanics.
- Train employees on technical aspects as of the operator functions (ex: markers) as needed.
- Develop employee competencies and provide detailed and fact-based feedback.
- Cross-functional Projects
- Partner with operational group in assigned area to ensure organizational teamwork.
- Work with the operations supervisor to ensure workshop needs are met.
- Oversee other maintenance teams in the absence of that team’s supervisor.
- Partner with human resources in raising and resolving employee personnel issues.
- Lead and/or participate in investigations, perform root cause analysis and work with plant leadership to implement corrective action to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Drive continuous improvement
- Identify, justify and propose improvements to machines and maintenance processes which will positively impact safety, food safety, quality and operational efficiency.
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
OEE, Downtime, and Preventative Maintenance completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field preferred
- Combination of education and experience will be considered
- 3+ years of experience in maintenance within a manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Maintenance Supervisor preferred
- Food or pharmaceutical industry manufacturing experience is strongly preferred
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to ensure adequate visibility to employees on day shift, evening shift and the night shift.
- Ability to understand technical processes and automated mechanical equipment.
- Strong background in preventative maintenance and repair of industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate logic and reason to identify problems and offer solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet operational goals while also fostering a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee safety and food safety.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, training and coaching skills.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
- PLC experience is highly desired.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift (8-10 hours)
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. regularly.
Materne, North America offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefit package that includes: Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Retirement & Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Materne, North America is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce. We are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.